December 24, 2020

Sleep In Heavenly Peace

Finally. Christmas Freaking Eve.

I'm not at all sure how we got here. By my calculations, there were at least 23 extra months somewhere between COVID and CHRISTMAS. Honestly, the only reason I know that it's the Night Before Christmas is because my six G-Babes are excitedly counting down the hours to Santa Claus... a bright and hopeful spot in a not-so-bright year.

Speaking of Bright Spots... we were on our way to Maxwell's Christmas Farm Monday evening when we saw the Bethlehem Star shining bigly in our beautiful Texas sky. I began pointing wildly and talking loudly about how the Wise Men were led by a similar bright star on the night Baby Jesus was born. My G-Babes were more like, “Meh, it's not THAT big or bright. I bet the star that the Wise Men saw was waaaaay brighter.”

As I was reading Colossians later that night, I decided they were right. Colossians 2 says: “Everything of God gets expressed in Him so you can see and hear him clearly. You don't need a telescope, a microscope or a horoscope to realize the fullness of Christ and the emptiness of the universe without him. When you come to him, that fullness comes together for you, too. His power extends over everything." (The Message)

His power extends over EVERYTHING.

The brightness of the 2020 Bethlehem Star only gave us a hint at the fullness of Christ. Yet that brilliant merging of light brought all Believers a moment of hope in anticipation of His coming... an event that will outshine anything we've ever dreamed or imagined.

I sincerely hope that you are making the most of this holiday season and - like us - are simply having a wonderful Christmas time. I pray that your Christmas is filled with family, fellowship and “everything bright and beautiful that He has for us.” (Colossians 1:13-14)



No comments:

Post a Comment