January 21, 2011

BRING IT!!!

Please hold your laughter...the Dickman and I have just completed our second week of P90X. And I'll just be honest...it sucks. But by golly, I'm BRINGING IT!

Why - might you ask - would I put this 53-year-old-pathetically-out-of-shape body through one of the most rigorous workouts known to man? The answer is as simple and old as time: I coveted. Yep, I've never wanted anything more than I wanted the ripped abs our friends Dewey and Susan began sporting after they completed the 90 days of torture. And now I'm paying for my sin. For the past 14 days the only three places on my body that have not caused me to scream in pain are my chin and my ears. Obviously this training program was designed for FIT bodies, and not for someone that has been known to pull a muscle just by waking up. At this point, my only goal by the end of these wretched 90 days is to be able to do ONE pull up. Just one. Which I have not been able to do since 8th grade PE class with Ms. Padgett. But I, along with the Dickman (who actually does ALL the exercises) am BRINGING IT!

In the spirit of full committment, I feel it's only fair that I should post 'before and after' photos of this endeavor. And I will. Just as soon as I get toned up enough to take a decent 'before' shot. Until then, I offer up this short video of the demon Tony Horton, the creator and fitness trainer of the accursed P90X. Tony is not my friend. Beyond the painful contortions and endless exercise instructions he barks at me from the comfort of my very own living room, he is cheesy and annoying. Even so, I. AM. BRINGING. IT. For now.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Ummmm. you were Mrs. Aerobics for all those years, You have it in you woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed and so jealous! I have coveted also - but my fear has kept me from partaking...I will be anxiously awaiting the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so proud of you!If I were P90x I would be scared!

    ReplyDelete